First impressions are everything, and we know that onboarding can make or break the long-term success of someone in a new organization. The People Development Program Manager overseeing new hire onboarding will play a key role in shaping each and every new hires’ immersion into TripActions. This includes ensuring an informative and inspiring experience between offer and day one, designing and facilitating all new hire orientation programs, managing back-end operations to ensure new hires have the tools and tech they need, and enabling Hiring Managers to successfully set their new hires up for success. As we look towards a year of return to travel and hypergrowth at TripActions, this person will play an essential role in engaging new TripActioners and setting them on the path for success!
The People Development team is TripActions’ centralized learning and development team within the People team. We’re responsible for designing learning experiences which foster high talent density, resilience, and engagement. A small but innovative team, we build meaningful programs that inspire purpose and propel growth and performance at TripActions.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the global new hire experience from pre-onboarding communications through the first 90 days
- Lead the design and execution of all new hire onboarding programs and adapt US programs for our growing EMEA and APAC teams
- Facilitate remote and in-person onboarding sessions (primarily in our Palo Alto HQ)
- Partner with other People Development team members on building a program to support effective onboarding practices for Hiring Managers (People Managers)
- Continuously evaluate and improve onboarding including managing and evaluating post-program surveys
- Oversee program logistics including budget and facilities for in-person trainings
- Partner with the DE&I team to bring a diversity and inclusion lens to new hire experiences
- Execute administrative & organizational program requirements including new hire communications
- Partner cross functionally with People Operations, Recruiting, IT, and Workplace on technical and operational tasks to ensure a seamless new hire experience from offer to day 1.
This role will require in-office attendance in our Palo Alto HQ 1-2 times/week with some possible travel
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of experience learning and development project management, onboarding experience preferred
- 3+ years facilitation experience
- Experience in instructional design
- A keen eye for operational process improvement and automation
- Strong written communications
- Thorough understanding of adult learning principles
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems (LMS) a plus
- Experience in reporting and measuring training results / learning effectiveness
- A warm and welcoming demeanor
- A solutions-oriented mindset and a desire to tackle new challenges
US COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
To support the health and safety of our teams and work spaces, we require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or to have received an approved accommodation based on medical condition or sincerely held religious belief or practice. Please let us know if you’d like to discuss the policy or available accommodations before proceeding with our recruitment process.
TripActions is the only modern, all-in-one travel, corporate card, and expense solution, providing 5000+ customers around the globe unprecedented visibility and control over spend. Trusted by finance teams and travelers alike, TripActions leverages real-time data to help companies keep traveling employees safe, reduce spend, and drive productivity.
TripActions’ investors include such visionaries as Andreeseen Horowitz, Lightspeed Ventures, Greenoaks, Zeev Ventures, and entrepreneurs Lee Fixel, Adam Bain, and Elad Gil. In October 2021, TripActions announced its Series F funding of $275M at an upround post-money valuation of $7.25B to help accelerate future growth plans.
At TripActions, we’re never satisfied with the status quo, and we know breakthrough ideas come from diverse perspectives. We are committed to cultivating a workplace that reflects the diversity of the customers we serve while fostering leadership and innovation. All voices are valued here and you’ll have the resources, tools, and training you’ll need to do the best work of your life.
We realize benefits are important as they support keeping you at your best at all times. Our benefits are here for you if you get sick or hurt, help you save for now and later, encourage you to take time off work and travel, and provide perks specific to being a TripActions employee both in and out of the office.
TripActions is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions based solely on merit. We provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We prohibit any such discrimination or harassment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring.
TripActions complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. TripActions will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability in connection with applications for employment as required by law.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, you are welcome to email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Privacy Notice
Please review TripActions' Candidate Privacy Notice here.