At TripActions, “It’s all about the user. All of them.” We’re passionate about providing a seamless one-stop experience for business travelers, no matter how they travel, where they stay, or where they’re going.
Based in our EMEA Headquarters located in Amsterdam, you will be working with the data team to help build infrastructure, tooling, and data pipelines to power our data-driven organization and support our rapidly evolving and growing data needs. The ideal candidate will be extremely curious and will use their data skills and business mindset to make a difference every day. We are looking for people who can operate at a company that grows as fast as ours, by being able to deal with multiple moving pieces while still holding up quality, long term thinking and delivering value to our customers. We take great pride in our diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives and we strongly believe this is helping us to grow as a successful and impactful team. To learn more about our team, you can watch this recent talk on the types of problems we work on and this one on how we work together as a group.
What You'll Do:
- Working closely with the data engineering and BI teams, design and develop our data warehouse model to create rich, usable data stores
- Identify and implement tests and monitoring to ensure data quality and reliability
- Create the definitions and metrics for a “single source of truth” to fuel all company decision making
- Define best practices in data models and development and coach our analysts and data scientists on how to be effective data modellers
- Continuously find ways to expose more value in our raw data and lower the amount of effort our end users spend on getting answers
What We're Looking For:
- Masters in computer science or equivalent
- 1+ years of work experience in data engineering / data warehousing
- Highly proficient in SQL (Python desirable but not required)
- Demonstrated experience in data modelling (any methodology) and implementation
- Demonstrated experience working in/with BI teams to surface metrics
- Experienced working with analytical databases (Snowflake, Vertica, Redshift)
- Highly proficient in ELT (experience with dbt is highly desirable)
US COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
To support the health and safety of our teams and work spaces, we require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or to have received an approved accommodation based on medical condition or sincerely held religious belief or practice. Please let us know if you’d like to discuss the policy or available accommodations before proceeding with our recruitment process.
TripActions is the only modern, all-in-one travel, corporate card, and expense solution, providing 5000+ customers around the globe unprecedented visibility and control over spend. Trusted by finance teams and travelers alike, TripActions leverages real-time data to help companies keep traveling employees safe, reduce spend, and drive productivity.
TripActions’ investors include such visionaries as Andreeseen Horowitz, Lightspeed Ventures, Greenoaks, Zeev Ventures, and entrepreneurs Lee Fixel, Adam Bain, and Elad Gil. In October 2021, TripActions announced its Series F funding of $275M at an upround post-money valuation of $7.25B to help accelerate future growth plans.
At TripActions, we’re never satisfied with the status quo, and we know breakthrough ideas come from diverse perspectives. We are committed to cultivating a workplace that reflects the diversity of the customers we serve while fostering leadership and innovation. All voices are valued here and you’ll have the resources, tools, and training you’ll need to do the best work of your life.
We realize benefits are important as they support keeping you at your best at all times. Our benefits are here for you if you get sick or hurt, help you save for now and later, encourage you to take time off work and travel, and provide perks specific to being a TripActions employee both in and out of the office.
TripActions is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions based solely on merit. We provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We prohibit any such discrimination or harassment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring.
TripActions complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. TripActions will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability in connection with applications for employment as required by law.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, you are welcome to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Privacy Notice
Please review TripActions' Candidate Privacy Notice here.